Herein, you will discover some of the specific duties that are assigned to the United States Navy SEALs. This is just a brief and simplistic look at some of the special missions and mission types that Navy SEALs may be assigned to. Additionally, you can discover general information on pay for Navy SEALs herein.
- Navy SEALs carry out insertions and extractions in order to execute covert or secret missions. They are trained to carry out these insertions and extractions via Sea, Air, or Land for which the SEALs receive their name.
- They are trained to capture terrorists or high-level personal from around the world. They are trained to complete missions under stealth for which other branches of the military are not able to execute on their own.
- They are trained as intelligence seekers and are sent on reconnaissance missions. These missions may involve watching the movements of enemies or enemy installations.
- They are trained to operate in small-units wherein they can carry out direct missions against specific military targets without the need for an entire army.
- They are trained to carry out underwater missions that may include the demolition of obstacles created by man or the environment in order to pave the way for amphibious landing missions.
For these specific duties SEALs receive military pay and special allowances. Additionally, they may receive more pay based on any special skills or special assignments that they may receive. All Navy SEALs are also entitled to an enlistment bonus that is generally set at $40,000. This is the highest enlistment fee offered by the United States Navy.